Fruit cupcake recipes – try out your own fruit cupcake recipe ideas!
Fruit cupcake recipes are very popular. While traditional cupcake flavors such as chocolate, vanilla, and even red velvet or spice cupcake are a treat that everyone can enjoy, some cooks love trying out new fruit cupcake recipe ideas.
Creating a unique fruit cupcake is the perfect treat for every event from spring time tea parties to summer picnics. While a fruit cupcake still satisfies your desire for something sweet, it also provides a refreshing flavor that you will enjoy during warm weather or as an unexpected compliment to your meal.
You’ll find basic cupcake recipes on our page. The following are a few combinations that you can try to make your own fruit cupcake recipe:
- Orange fruit cupcake recipe: Orange cupcake with orange frosting – Use orange rind or natural orange flavoring in both the cupcake and frosting, and you’ll have the perfect fruit cupcake for enjoying at brunches. Whether you want to create a girls only brunch and serve orange cupcakes along with mimosas or you are looking for the perfect compliment to a meal that includes an orange sauce, orange cupcakes are a tasty treat.
- Banana fruit cupcake recipe: You can create a fruit cupcake that includes a traditional flavor along with a fruit topping or side. Consider a chocolate cupcake that features a banana frosting and banana chips placed on the top for decoration. This tasty combo is a kid favorite, but also makes a rich finish to a meal or a perfect stand-alone treat.
- Raspberry fruit cupcake recipe: Another fruit cupcake combo that is surprisingly delicious is white chocolate cupcakes with a raspberry filling and raspberry frosting. You can take the theme one step further by adding a raspberry to the top of each cupcake.
- Lemon fruit cupcake recipe: For a truly unique fruit cupcake, consider creating an Arnold Palmer cupcake. Start by creating a tea cupcake (you’ll find numerous recipes online), and then topping it with a light lemon frosting and decorating with lemon zest. These are the perfect treat to accompany summer barbecues.
- Apple fruit cupcake recipe: The taste of apple pie translates easily to a fruit cupcake. Create a cake using a spice mix, add cinnamon and small chunks of apple, then top the cupcake with a cream cheese frosting flavored with natural applesauce.
- Watermelon fruit cupcake recipe: Creating a watermelon cupcake provides some fun options for decorating and is a great summer treat. You can add watermelon flavor to a basic cake recipe, then create richly flavored watermelon frosting. These cupcakes are ideal served with a sherbet during your outdoor gathering.
- Create a non-traditional cupcake by using banana bread as the cake, then filling with cream cheese and topping with a cream cheese frosting. Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs on top of the cupcake for a beautiful finish.
- Strawberry fruit cupcake recipe: Strawberry shortcake is the perfect inspiration for a fruit cupcake. Use a strawberry cupcake, and then top with whipped cream and fresh strawberries.
- Caramel apple cupcake recipe: A warm caramel apple cupcake is the ideal winter treat. Create an apple and spice cake cupcake, and then top with vanilla frosting. Drizzle caramel over the top, and serve with warm apple cider for the ultimate comfort food dessert.
- Pina Colada cupcake recipe: A Pina Colada cupcake is a fun treat to enjoy with grilled food with a Mexican flair. Create a lime fruit cupcake, top with a coconut frosting and a wedge of fresh lime. Serve with Pina coladas or your favorite Mexican beer.
There are an endless variety of fruit cupcake recipe ideas, and many of them are inspired by your favorite fruit desserts. Be creative, and see if you can come up with your own fruit cupcake recipe combination. Preferably use fresh fruit to decorate the cupcakes but you can also use canned fruit.
I would recommend serving your fruit cupcakes in a stunning cupcake wrapper. Combine your fruit cupcake with a fresh mixed summer fruit salad and a few fresh mint leaves as colorful addition (blueberries, strawberries, pineapple, grapes, cherries, passion fruit, coconut, kiwi, …). It takes a little bit imagination to create gourmet masterpieces.