Vanilla Cupcake Recipe with Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting
These tasty vanilla cupcakes are easy to make with this cupcake recipe.
Vanilla cupcake recipe with vanilla cream cheese frosting
Recipe type: Dessert - cupcake
These vanilla cupcakes with vanilla cream cheese frosting are so simple to make with this cupcake recipe.
- 150 grams – 5,25 ounces butter at room temperature - softened
- 150 grams – 5,25 ounces granulated sugar
- 150 grams – 5,25 ounces sifted self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon sifted baking powder
- 4 small or 3 large eggs at room temperature, lightly beaten
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- 100 grams – 3,5 ounces butter, softened
- 300 grams – 10,5 ounces cream cheese
- 100 grams – 3,5 ounces icing sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325 °F – 170 °C.
- Line the cupcake baking pans with paper baking cups.
- Add the butter in a bowl and mix the mass at medium speed.
- Add the sugar gradually to the mass while mixing.
- Beat in the eggs a little at a time.
- Add the sifted flour gradually. Stir till all traces of flour are gone.
- Add the baking powder.
- Add a pinch of salt and vanilla extract
- Mix the batter to a light airy mass. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Spoon the mixture into the baking cups until they are half full.
- Bake at 325 °F – 170 °C degrees for 15 - 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Set aside on a cooling rack to cool.
- Beat the butter until really soft.
- Then beat in the chilled cream cheese and powdered sugar just until blended, do not overbeat.
- Beat in the vanilla extract, just until blended.
- Spread frosting on top of the cakes, then sprinkle with decorations.
Use always the finest and fresh ingredients. Measure all ingredients in advance and put them in separate bowls ready for use. Ensure your cupcake baking pan is clean. All ingredients must be at on room temperature. Don’t stir too long. Let the cupcakes cool down on a cooling rack. You can use margarine in place of butter. Use vanilla essence in place of vanilla extract if you don’t want to use alcohol in your cupcake recipe. Vanilla extract is preferred as it is made from real vanilla and therefore has a more aroma with a 'headiness' nature that you don't get from imitation vanilla. Imitation vanilla extract many times has 'no' actual vanilla bean used in making it. Instead wood pulp with artificial flavors (synthetic, lab created) are used. Imitation does work, and it's less expensive but the REAL thing is always better.
Back to Overview Cupcake Recipes