Marble Cupcake Recipe – undecorated
These classic marble cupcakes are so easy to make with this quick marble cupcake recipe.
Marble cupcake recipe - undecorated
Recipe type: Dessert - cupcake
These marble cupcakes are easy to make with this cupcake recipe.
- 150 grams – 5,25 ounces butter at room temperature - softened
- 150 grams – 5,25 ounces granulated sugar
- 150 grams – 5,25 ounces sifted self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon sifted baking powder
- 2 small or 1 large eggs at room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder (eg. Belgian chocolate powder Callebaut)
- A pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 °F – 170 °C.
- Line the cupcake baking pans with paper baking cups.
- Add the butter in a bowl and mix the mass at medium speed.
- Add the sugar gradually to the mass while mixing.
- Beat in the eggs a little at a time.
- Add the sifted flour gradually while mixing. Stir till all traces of flour are gone.
- Add the baking powder.
- Add a pinch of salt and the vanilla extract.
- Mix the batter to a light airy mass. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Divide the batter into two bowls.
- Blend the cocoa powder into one portion of batter and beat until smooth.
- Dollop the two batters into the baking cups alternately until they are half full.
- Then, with a fork, smoothly draw swirls through the batter of each cupcake to marbleize it. Don’t mix the batter.
- Bake at 325 °F – 170 °C degrees for 15 - 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Set aside on a cooling rack to cool.
Use always the finest and fresh ingredients. Measure all ingredients in advance and put them in separate bowls ready for use. Ensure your cupcake baking pan is clean. All ingredients must be at on room temperature. Don’t stir too long. Let the cupcakes cool down on a cooling rack. You can use margarine in place of butter.
Back to Overview Cupcake Recipes