Chocolate Cupcake Recipe
These tasty chocolate cupcakes are easy to make with this chocolate cupcake recipe. These chocolate cupcakes are everyone’s favorite!
Chocolate cupcake recipe - undecorated
Recipe type: Dessert - cupcake
These chocolate cupcakes are easy to make with this cupcake recipe.
- 150 grams – 5,25 ounces butter at room temperature - softened
- 150 grams – 5,25 ounces fine granulated sugar or 115 grams – 4 ounces muscovado sugar
- 115 grams – 4 ounces sifted self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon sifted baking powder
- 3 eggs at room temperature, lightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons cacao powder (eg. Belgian chocolate powder Callebaut)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 °F – 170 °C.
- Line the cupcake baking pans with paper baking cups.
- Add the butter in a bowl and mix the mass at medium speed.
- Add the sugar gradually to the mass while mixing.
- Beat in the eggs a little at a time.
- Add the sifted flour gradually. Stir till all traces of flour are gone.
- Add the baking powder.
- Add a pinch of salt and vanilla extract
- Mix the batter to a light airy mass. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Blend the cocoa powder into the batter and beat until smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into the baking cups until they are half full.
- Bake at 325 °F – 170 °C degrees for 15 - 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Set aside on a cooling rack to cool.
Use always the finest and fresh ingredients. Measure all ingredients in advance and put them in separate bowls ready for use. Ensure your cupcake baking pan is clean. All ingredients must be at on room temperature. Don’t stir too long. Let the cupcakes cool down on a cooling rack. You can use margarine in place of butter. Use vanilla essence in place of vanilla extract if you don’t want to use alcohol in your cupcake recipe.
Back to Overview Cupcake Recipes