Carrot Cupcake Recipe
These carrot cupcakes are very classic and so easy to make with this cupcake recipe. You can frost these cupcakes however you like.
Carrot cupcake recipe - undecorated
Recipe type: Dessert - cupcake
These carrot cupcakes are easy to make with this carrot cupcake recipe.
- 150 grams – 5,25 ounces butter at room temperature - softened
- 150 grams – 5,25 ounces fine granulated sugar
- 150 grams – 5,25 ounces sifted self-raising flour
- 1 egg at room temperature, lightly beaten
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Finely grated zest of 2 oranges
- 75 grams – 2,5 ounces grated carrots
- A pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 °F – 170 °C.
- Line the cupcake baking pans with paper baking cups.
- Add the butter in a bowl and mix the mass at medium speed.
- Add the sugar gradually to the mass while mixing.
- Beat in the eggs a little at a time.
- Add the sifted flour gradually. Stir till all traces of flour are gone.
- Add a pinch of salt, bicarbonate of soda and vanilla extract.
- Mix the batter to a light airy mass. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Stir in carefully the carrots and orange zest with a spoon until just combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the baking cups until they are half full.
- Bake at 325 °F – 170 °C degrees for 15 - 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Set aside on a cooling rack to cool.
Use always the finest and fresh ingredients. Measure all ingredients in advance and put them in separate bowls ready for use. Ensure your cupcake baking pan is clean. All ingredients at room temperature! Don’t stir too long. Let the cupcakes cool down on a cooling rack. You can use margarine in place of butter.
Back to Overview Cupcake Recipes