Basic Cupcake Recipe with Cream Cheese Frosting
These classic cupcakes are so easy to make with this quick cupcake recipe.
Basic cupcake recipe with cream cheese frosting
Recipe type: Dessert - cupcake
These easy basic cupcakes with cream cheese froting are so simple to make with this cupcake recipe.
- 150 grams – 5,25 ounces butter at room temperature - softened
- 150 grams – 5,25 ounces granulated sugar
- 150 grams – 5,25 ounces sifted self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon sifted baking powder
- 4 small or 3 large eggs at room temperature, lightly beaten
- A pinch of salt
- 160 grams – 5,5 ounces cream cheese, chilled
- 300 grams – 10,5 ounces powdered sugar, sifted
- 3 teaspoons butter, softened
- Preheat the oven to 325 °F – 170 °C.
- Line the cupcake baking pans with paper baking cups.
- Add the butter in a bowl and mix the mass at medium speed.
- Add the sugar gradually to the mass while mixing.
- Beat in the eggs a little at a time.
- Add the sifted flour gradually. Stir till all traces of flour are gone.
- Add the baking powder.
- Add a pinch of salt.
- Mix the batter to a light airy mass. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Spoon the mixture into the baking cups until they are half full.
- Bake at 325 °F – 170 °C degrees for 15 - 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Set aside on a cooling rack to cool.
- Beat the butter until really soft.
- Then beat in the chilled cream cheese and powdered sugar just until blended, do not overbeat.
- Swirl the icing on top of the cakes, then sprinkle with decorations.
Use always the finest and fresh ingredients. Measure all ingredients in advance and put them in separate bowls ready for use. Ensure your cupcake baking pan is clean. All ingredients must be at on room temperature. Don’t stir too long. Prick with a toothpick in a cupcake to make sure the cupcakes are cooked. If no wet batter sticks to the toothpick, you can take the cupcakes from the oven. If there is wet batter, leave the cupcakes for 5 minutes in the oven. Let the cupcakes cool down on a cooling rack. You can use margarine in place of butter.
Back to Overview Cupcake Recipes