Almond Cupcake Recipe with Buttercream Frosting
These tasty almond cupcakes with buttercream frosting are easy to make with this cupcake recipe.
Almond cupcake recipe
Recipe type: Dessert - cupcake
These almond cupcakes are easy to make.
- 150 grams – 5,25 ounces butter at room temperature - softened
- 150 grams – 5,25 ounces granulated sugar
- 150 grams – 5,25 ounces sifted self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon sifted baking powder
- 3 small or 2 large eggs at room temperature, lightly beaten
- 75 grams – 2,5 ounces ground almonds
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- A pinch of salt
- 200 grams – 8 ounces – 1 cup butter
- 200 grams – 8 ounces – 1 cup powdered sugar
- 30 ml – 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat the oven to 325 °F – 170 °C.
- Line the cupcake baking pans with paper baking cups.
- Add the butter in a bowl and mix the mass at medium speed.
- Add the sugar gradually to the mass while mixing.
- Beat in the eggs a little at a time.
- Add the sifted flour gradually. Stir till all traces of flour are gone.
- Add the baking powder.
- Add a pinch of salt and almond extract.
- Mix the batter to a light airy mass. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Pour in the almonds and stir carefully with a spoon until just combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the baking cups until they are half full.
- Bake at 325 °F – 170 °C degrees for 15 - 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Set aside on a cooling rack to cool.
- The butter must be at room temperature.
- Sift the powdered sugar first.
- Mix the butter at medium speed for 3-4 minutes until the butter is white, soft and fluffy.
- Add the milk and half of the sifted powdered sugar slowly while mixing. Keep mixing until the butter is creamy.
- Add the rest of the powdered sugar and keep stirring until the butter is creamy again.
- The buttercream frosting is ready.
Use always the finest and fresh ingredients. Measure all ingredients in advance and put them in separate bowls ready for use. Ensure your cupcake baking pan is clean. All ingredients must be at on room temperature. Don’t stir too long. Let the cupcakes cool down on a cooling rack. You can use margarine in place of butter. If the frosting is too thin, add a little bit of sugar and butter. If the butter is too thick, add a little bit of milk gradually until desired consistency is reached. Adjust the ratio (50/50) of butter and sugar to achieve the desired personal taste.
Back to Overview Cupcake Recipes